prep time 5 mins| ready in 5 mins | serves 1-2
Love a smoothie with a twist? This cool and refreshing tropical drink is laced with tangy ginger, turmeric, and black pepper. It's far from the ordinary, just like you.
Recipe directly from Robust Recipes (with the exception of my mango suggestion)
The original recipe calls for pineapple. I've tried it with pineapple, mango, and a combination of both. I can't decide which version I like best, they are all creamy and taste delectably exotic. It depends on my mood what I make. Let me know: are you team mango or team pineapple!
- 1 cup dairy free milk (I like almond milk)
- 1 cup frozen mango or pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup banana that has been previously sliced and frozen
- 1 to 2 inches ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons flax seed meal (or sub chia seeds)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional but recommended)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until everything is smooth. Taste and adjust flavors as needed: for more sweetness add more banana, for more turmeric flavor add more turmeric etc. Serve immediately. NOTE: If you have blender that is not high powered then you can add the frozen fruit 1/2 a cup at a time blending until smooth in between.