prep time 10 mins | cook time 25 mins | ready in 35 mins | serves 6
Sometimes you need it fast. This classic meat sauce is made lean with ground turkey and is full of veggies. Serve over your favorite pasta for a quick and easy weekday meal.
Recipe directly from Eating Well
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped parsley or basil
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add turkey, mushrooms and salt; cook, crumbling the turkey with a wooden spoon and stirring, until the turkey is no longer pink and the mushrooms are cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley (or basil).